Sweet Plum and Five-Spice Pork
Here’s an easy recipe that’s full of flavour. You could replace the pak choy with any other leafy greens. The beauty of this dish is its simplicity.
½ tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pork cutlets, trimmed
2 tablespoons plum jam
¼ teaspoon Chinese five-spice
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ cup chicken stock
2 pak choy, trimmed
Steamed Jasmine rice and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Cook the pork cutlets in a pan on medium heat in oil for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add jam, five spice, ginger, garlic and half the stock to pan. Cook, stirring, until jam has melted.
- Add the remaining stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Return pork to pan. Cook, turning for 1 to 2 minutes to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place pak choy in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 teaspoons cold water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and season.
- Divide rice between plates. Top with pork and drizzle with sauce. Serve with pak choy and sprinkle with coriander.