Four arrested over Jayson Doelz murder

updated23 September 2016

Three men and a woman have been arrested over the cold case murder of Jayson Doelz at Kersbrook in January 2012.

Mr Doelz was assaulted at a Pooraka house on 9 January 2012 and found deceased two days later on the outskirts of Kersbrook.

Three men, a 26-year-old from Moonta, 29-year-old from Northfield and a 31-year-old from Ingle Farm have been arrested and charged with murder. A 28-year-old woman from Ingle Farm, has been charged with assisting the alleged offenders. All four will appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Monday.

The arrests follow an extensive investigation into cold cases under Operation Persist .

Investigators are yet to locate two knives used in the attack on Mr Doelz. One of the knives had a carved wooden handle and sheath. It has brass fittings including a brass ‘safety catch’. The blade is curved and measures approximately 20cm in length. Mr Doelz’s wallet and mobile phone have never been found.

Police have thanked all those who assisted through Crime Stoppers and other avenues, and ask that those with information who have yet to come forward to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.


Continuing investigation into Jayson Doelz murder

An appeal has been made for the person who provided anonymous information on the day Jayson Doelz was murdered (Monday 9th January 2012) to make contact with Crime Stoppers.

Jayson DoelzIt comes after a house on Royal Avenue at Pooraka underwent further forensic examination in connection with the murder, after it was identified as the location where the 27-year-old had been badly beaten prior to his murder.

Jayson Doelz’s body was found two days later in a ditch on the side of Little South Para Rd at Kersbrook. He had been beaten and stabbed.

The murder has been subject to a full review as part on an ongoing ‘cold case’ strategy by Major Crime and supported by Crime Stoppers, which identified investigational opportunities.

“That has led to this major breakthrough,” Detective Superintendent Bray said. “We still have a lot of work to do, but police now have a much better understanding of the circumstances and who was involved.

After being severely beaten at this address, Mr Doelz is believed to have been forcibly abducted in a black ‘FG’ Ford Falcon XR6 sedan with horizontal stripes along the side and mags and the number plate starts with “S”.

Several men, aged in their late teens to early 20s, were seen to be beating someone on the ground near a black Ford, and at least three offenders took Mr Doelz to Kersbrook where he tried to escape and was killed.

Jayson Doelz
This vehicle is similar to the vehicle involved in the Jayson Doelz murder case

A $200,000 reward is on offer in connection with information which leads to a conviction in Jayson Doelz’s murder.

The current occupants of the Pooraka property have no connection with the inquiry, Detective Superintendent Bray said while thanking them for their patience with police when they attended the address this morning.

Murder of Jayson Doelz Background

Jayson DoelzOn the evening of Monday 9 January 2012 Jayson Doelz, aged 27 years, was punched, bashed and stabbed with a sharp-edged object on the outskirts of the township of Kersbrook in the Adelaide Hills. His body was found by an early-morning walker in a ditch on Little South Para Road at about 7.00 a.m. on Wednesday 11 January 2012.

Police at the time said his injuries were so horrific they could not discount that Jayson Doelz had been hit by a car.

Eye witnesses to the killing describe a group of men being involved, who drove to and from the scene in a black or dark green late model Ford sedan with stripes on the bonnet and sides. This car is further described as being a V8 with black after-market wheels.

It is believed on 9 January 2012, this vehicle travelled on the Adelaide Mannum Road to Kersbrook via Millswood with Jayson Doelz and several others inside.

It is believed at least four people had a level of involvement in the death of Mr Doelz.

The sign said "eight items or less". So I changed my name to Les.”
Steven Wright