Two charged over alleged historical sexual assaults of school girls at Parramatta
Thursday, 02 June 2016
Two men have been charged in relation to alleged historical sexual assaults of girls at a school in Parramatta.
Strike Force Bilvo was established by detectives from Parramatta Local Area Command in April 2014 after reports of assaults occurring at a girl’s training school in the 1960s and 1970s.
Since 2014, investigators received reports of sexual abuse and assaults that allegedly occurred at the Fleet Street school between 1961 and 1973.
Following extensive inquiries, detectives attended a location at Redcliffe in Queensland yesterday (Tuesday 31 May 2016).
A 75-year-old was served a court attendance notice for a total of 23 offences, including three counts of rape (Crimes Act), and 15 counts of assault female, and commit act of indecency.
About 11am today (Wednesday 1 June 2016), strike force detectives attended a home at Normanhurst where they spoke with a 78-year-old man.
The man was served a court attendance notice for 22 offences, including five counts of rape (Crimes Act) and six counts of assault female, and commit act of indecency.
Both men are due to appear at Parramatta Local Court on Thursday 21 July 2016.
Investigations by Strike Force Bilvo detectives continue.
Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/ Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Public Assistance Sought – Hit and Run
Northern Territory Police continue to investigate a fatal hit and run that occurred near the Three Ways Roadhouse on 29 November 2014.
Detective Sergeant Michael Schumacher said Police are renewing their call for anyone with information which might assist them with their investigations, to come forward. “It has now been 18 months since the body of a 38-year-old indigenous male was located deceased on the side of the Stuart Highway approximately 12 kilometres north of the Three Ways Roadhouse,” he said.
“Acting on information received early in the investigation Police believe the man may have been struck by a vehicle between 11:30pm Friday 28 and 1:30am Saturday 29 November 2014.
“On the same night there was a fire on the western side of the Stuart Hwy on Helen Springs Stations not far from Renner Springs.
“Based on forensic information gathered at the scene, Police believe the body was moved from the centre of the road, to the side of the road after the incident.
“Northern Territory Police continue to gather intelligence and are urging the public to revisit their movements during this period. We are interested in hearing from anyone who was travelling on the highway at the time or any possible witnesses.
We are also interested in hearing from anyone who may have information relating to the driver of the vehicle. “The smallest piece of information may be just what the Police need to make a breakthrough and help bring closure for the family. Someone out there holds the key to solving this investigation.”
If you have any information that may assist, please call Police on 131 444, or make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Murder – Peter Collins – 1984
The body of Peter Collins, aged 41 years, was located in Pinks Lane Adelaide on Wednesday 23 May 1984. He had suffered serious head injuries. Police believe that theft was a motive in this murder as Mr Collins’ clothing had been disturbed and his boots and watch were missing from the scene. They were located days after the murder having been pawned at a nearby store.
Mr Collins was last seen in the early hours of 23 May 1984 at the Green Dragon Hotel, South Terrace Adelaide in the company of two men. One of these men introduced himself as a priest from Melbourne. These men were not known to regulars at the hotel and were not previously known as associates of Mr Collins. Mr Collins left the hotel at about 1.40 a.m. on the morning of his murder. His movements between 1.40 a.m. and about 7.30 a.m. when his body was found remain unknown.
Detectives have identified two suspects in relation to Mr Collins’ murder however both have since died. Insufficient evidence existed for the suspects to be charged with his murder.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on1 800 333 000, on-line or via Crime Stoppers App.
Motor Vehicle Crash Fatality
Currie, King Island
30 May 2016
About 1 pm on Monday 30 May 2016 there was a two vehicle motor vehicle crash on Grassy Road Currie, west of the Rifle Range Road intersection. The crash was “head on” and occurred within the Currie town boundary in a posted 60 km/h zone. The scene was attended by members of Tasmania Police, Tasmanian Ambulance Services, the State Emergency Service and Tasmania Fire Service.
A 79 year old male driver and sole occupant of a blue Daihatsu Sirion sedan was travelling West on Grassy Road. A 61 year old female driver and sole occupant of a Silver Subaru XV was travelling East on Grassy Road.
The 79 year old was conveyed to the King Island District Hospital. He subsequently passed away about 3 pm that day. The 61 year old female was not physically injured.
Preliminary investigations indicate the Blue Daihatsu sedan has crossed onto the incorrect side of the road impacting with the Sliver Subaru. There is no indication excessive speed or alcohol were factors in the crash.
A full crash investigation will be carried out and a report will be prepared for the Coroner.
Police appeal after jewellery found in car – Orange
31 May 2016
Police are appealing for information after jewellery was found in a car following a pursuit in Orange earlier this month.
About 7.20pm on Thursday 12 May 2016, officers attached to Canobolas Local Area Command’s Target Action Group were patrolling Orange when they sighted a black Holden Commodore travelling west on Margaret Street.
Checks on the car allegedly revealed that the registration plate did not match the car.
Officers attempted to stop the Commodore; however, the driver allegedly failed to stop and a pursuit was commenced.
Police lost sight of the Commodore for a short time before finding it on Anson Street.
Despite an extensive search the driver and occupants were not found.
In the boot of the Commodore, officers located two safes containing a large amount of jewellery. The items were seized and will undergo forensic examinations.
On Wednesday 18 May 2016, following investigations, police arrested a 35-year-old woman at a home on Wakeford Street, Orange.
She was taken to Orange Police Station where she was charged with goods in custody. She was granted conditional bail to appear at Orange Local Court on 11 July 2016.
Investigations into the incident are continuing and police are urging anyone with information, or anyone who recognises the jewellery, to call investigators at Orange Police Station on (02) 6363 6399 or via Crime Stoppers.